1.) August Horoscope (via Astrology Zone) Guess what?! Everyone’s best day of the year is August 26th. If you haven’t read your horoscope for this month yet, I suggest you do. –Farrell
2.) On the Road (via Spotify) I made a playlist based on my Shazams from my recent drive between Cleveland and NYC. I really love Shazam! -Lauren
3.) 12 Tips for Living a Long Life (via New York Times) Some of these tips are awesome and some not so much. I can definately get down with #1. –Farrell
4.) What Your Favorite Dog Breed Says About You (via PureWow) I still have puppies on the brain and am thinking hard about what kind would best suit me. -Lauren
5.) 23 of the Pacific Northwests Best Destinations (via Trips to Discover) This article got me SO fired up about going to Vancouver and Seattle next week. –Farrell
6.) NYC Guide (via loveTaza) These short NYC neighborhood videos are so good for covering the best local eats and stops in a number of New York neighborhoods.
Image found here
Image taken by Ankur Poseria
Image found here
Image found here
1) Millennium Force Cedar Point Giga Coaster POV (via YouTube) Our brother David posted this video on his Facebook page earlier in the week. In his words, “There is an amusement park outside of Cleveland, called Cedar Point, with the world’s best roller coasters. This is a video of one of the best coasters. Its so intense: 310 ft high, 90+ miles an hour, 85 degree incline.” -Lauren
2) Lasting Relationships Rely on Two Traits (via Business Insider) I guess I am kind of a sucker for any article on long-term relationships. Advice never hurts! –Farrell
3) 10 Facts About Infidelity (via TED) Frequency of “mate-poaching,” a cheating gene and widespread infidelity. Hmmm?! -Lauren
4) The 4 Minute Method to Massive Productivity (via Marie Forleo) Lately, I have needed a push to get myself off the couch and do the things I want to do. I needed this video this week. –Farrell
5) 10 houseboats that will make you want to give up land forever (via Digital Trends) These all look so awesome! -Lauren
6.) Super-Feel-Good Summer Playlist (via Gala Darling) Sure, I want to feel good! So I listened. It’s good. –Farrell
Making changes and adjusting to change can be really scary.
Being true to yourself is one of the most important things in life.
Focusing on the positive is so much better than focusing on the negative.
Think twice before responding to things when you are REALLY hungry.
I always feel better after swimming in the ocean.
It is important to admit when you are wrong.
There may be no better feeling than being supported.
Sometimes you just need to have a cocktail.
1.) Excerpts from Philosophers’ Breakup Letters Throughout History (via The New Yorker) Quick and very entertaining read! -Lauren
2.) How Women Undermine Themselves With Words (via GOOP) This was such a timely and powerful article to come across as I had just had coffee with an amazing group of women and this same topic came up. Girl power! –Farrell
3.) Andrew Bird playing and singing in a canyon (via Austin Kleon) I had to check this out as this Andrew Bird album remains one of my all time faves! -Lauren
4.) The Thousand Year Journey (via Vimeo) This was the most inspiring thing that I saw this week. I really needed to see it when I did. –Farrell
5.) Marc Maron’s Podcast with President Barak Obama (via WTF) I have always loved Barack Obama as a person and I loved listening to this podcast on my early morning walk. –Farrell
1) Empathy Is Actually a Choice (via NYTimes) I was drawn to read this article but think I need to give it a second read to really absorb the different things it is saying. Makes me think about how it relates to my post on choice last week. -Lauren
2) Time Management Makes Our Busy Lives Worse (via Quartz) Shoot! I thought that I was great at time management and that it was making my life BETTER. –Farrell
3) Why Living Out of a Suitcase for 2 Years Has Been the Best Thing for My Family—and Finances (via LearnVest) I loved reading this. It’s so easy to convince yourself you don’t have the money to do the things you want to in life; it’s so interesting & inspiring to me to read the details of how people make their unconventional lives work. -Lauren
4) Some News to Share (via Babyccino Kids Blog) While we’re on the topic of unconventional living, I’m really excited to follow the journey that this family is taking around the world. I’ve followed Courtney, the mom, on Instagram for some time. She takes beautiful pictures and I know there will be amazing visuals through which to live vicariously!
5) You Can’t Afford Poor Communication Skills (via LinkedIn) This article is great not only for the workplace but for interpersonal relationships too. –Farrell
6) 11 Affordable Under-the-Radar Travel Destinations (via Dailyworthy) Our very own Cleveland, Ohio made the list! –Farrell
photo by Guy Bourdin. 1965.
THINKING a lot about rearrange our apartment and changing up the feel of the spaces I spend the most time in.
WORRYING too much at night and thinking about starting a nighttime meditation practice.
LOVING the summer sunshine on my face and walking the beach.
LIKING this quote by Lao Tzu, “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorry. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”
FEELING sticky after doing some work in the yard with my mom. Humidity level = full on.
MISSING Mad Men after finally finishing the series. I’m a fan of the last half-season.
via Vogue Paris December 1970/January 1971
BLOGGING from Blackbird Baking Company; the apricot croissant is my new favorite!
ENJOYING a little reprieve from the insane amount of rain we’ve been getting here. It’s like monsoon season.
THINKING about the time I spent with our grandma yesterday; life and aging are funny, wonderful and sometimes sad things.
SPENDING time with my girl friends back in LA and WOW are they amazing, beautiful and strong women.
REFLECTING on how I can make my life and time in Los Angeles fuller in every way.
DRINKING coffee every morning like it’s my job and am not sure how I feel about it.
1) 25 Emotions People Feel But Can’t Explain (via Sunny Skyz) I loved reading all of these and feeling assured that I wasn’t the only one feeling some of these. –Farrell
2) Beyond Marriage Equality (via Nicolette Mason) Did you know you can still be terminated from a job based on sexual orientation in 29 states?! This post lists 10 steps still needed to reach equality for LGBT and is really thought-provoking and informative. -Lauren
3) 40 Teaspoons of Sugar a Day (via Telegraph) Sugar has been a huge topic of conversation around me lately. This article goes along with some of the upsetting research out there. –Farrell
4) The Highest Paying Jobs of the Future Will Eat Your Life (via FastCompany) Eeeekkkk! -Lauren
5) Sue: Engagement Surprise (via SNL) My cousins threw a surprise party for my Uncle on Sunday and I can’t stop thinking about this video. I love Kristin Wig! -Farrell
6) 3 Unusual Habits of Remarkably Creative People (via Domaine) Striving for all three; currently a work in progress. -Lauren