Farrell has been quite influential in my life with regard to using as many low/no chemical beauty products as possible – and getting real about what is in the products we use on our bodies. In her honor, I thought I’d give you a little run down on the facial products I’ve been using lately.
1. Homemade Honey + Sugar Lip Scrub – For a quick and easy lip exfoliator, I mix a little sugar and honey together, massage it onto my lips and leave it on for 5-10 minutes.
2. Burt’s Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser – I’m really enjoying this cleanser which has a very mild scrub component to it.
5. Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer – Korres also has an all natural line. While this product feels great, I couldn’t find it in the Cosmetics Database and it seems that there was a pretty big difference in the ingredients used in Korres vs. Korres Natural products. Shucks!
6. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – I can’t say enough good things about this moisturizer. It got me through the winter, when my face can become super dry. It’s wonderful and anyone who has dry, flakey or sensitive skin should hook themselves up.
7. EltaMD UV Physical Broad-Spectrum SPF 41 – I am also a major supporter of EltaMD’s tinted sunscreen. It is super light but also does a great job evening out your skin tone. The only slightly difficult thing is that you have to buy it from a doctor’s office but the EltaMD website has an easy to use distributor locator.