Chicken Pot Pie
I am on Day 4 of Clean Gut. I am doing it with almost my entire team and it’s going ok so far. Honestly, this morning I am feeling a little headachy and tired.
However, on Saturday we had a chicken pot pie feast! Here is a great recipe for “clean” pot pie.
Chicken Pot Pie
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 to 4 shallots, minced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced and divided into two equal
- 2 to 3 boneless chicken breasts (about 1½ pounds), diced
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups chicken broth (may need more but start with this
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ red onion, minced
- 1½ cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 to 6 hours, then drained
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- Optional: 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs, such as sage, rosemary, thyme,
- or chives (fresh herbs will work too; just use a bit more)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
2. Add the shallots and sauté them for 5 minutes, or until
they are translucent.
3. Add the carrots, celery, and half the minced garlic, and
continue to sauté until the carrots begin to soften, about 3
to 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken and cook until most of the pink hue is
gone from the flesh.
5. Add the peas and ½ cup of the chicken broth.
6. Continue simmering until the vegetables are tender and
the chicken is fully cooked.
7. Salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
8. In a medium skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of
coconut oil over medium-high heat.
9. Add the red onion and sauté 5 to 8 minutes.
10. Add the other half of the garlic and sauté for an additional
3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
11. In a blender, purée the onion mixture, cashews, 1½ cups
of the chicken broth, cayenne, and the optional paprika
For more Clean recipes, check out blog.cleanprogram.com