(Image found here)
Late last night we landed in Denver airport to begin our holiday season with Thanksgiving in Boulder. I am so happy to be in a sunny place with fresh mountain air. It is always so nice to be back in Colorado; it is such a special place at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains where you can have good food, find great company and chill. I will admit, however, that it is completely freezing here! Bye, bye California!
[posted by Farrell]
(photo via slate.com)
REALIZING that when I get to Cleveland tomorrow, it will be the fifth city I’ve been in in the past seven days. What a whirlwind of time and experiences?!
ABSORBING all the ideas that where shared at a class on Personal Branding that I attended last night.
THINKING back on a couple of really powerful long conversations I had with people I’d just met this past weekend.
TRYING to stay calm, grounded and fed during the work days.
INVESTING in my friends and family’s health around the holiday season and it’s fun!
FLYING to Boulder tonight to spend some time with said friends and family.
1.) Report: None Of Good Cousins Coming to Thanksgiving This Year (via The Onion) made me laugh, especially as I’m the only one of my silbings heading to Cleveland for Thanksgiving this year! -Lauren
2.) This enlightened interview with Willow and Jaden Smith (via Gawker) was shocking and deep coming from two young kids that can’t even drive yet. -Farrell
3.) Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down To 2 Basic Traits (via Business Insider) Kindness and generosity. Who doesn’t want to be on the receiving end of that?! -Lauren
4.) The Little Comet Probe That Could (via NPR) is a quick overview of the probe that landed on the comet and what it all means. -Farrell
5.) Can a Pendulum Decide Your Career and Find Your Lost Car? A History of Dowsing, or ‘Water Witching’ (via scpr.org) Our mom loves to use a pendulum to teach people about energy. I’d never heard the term ‘dowsing’ but think I’ll give it a go. -Lauren
6.) Allure Magazine Editor Kelly Atterton’s Secrets To Great Skin (via Cupcakes and Cashmere) mentions some of my favorite products on the market! -Farrell
(Images taken by yours truly)
Making art is never a waste of time.
Be yourself to the fullest – everyone else is taken.
Taking a break or stepping outside during work can change your entire day.
Stretch in the morning.
Keep being curious and don’t stop reading.
Everyone is beautiful.
Never underestimate the power of a good night sleep.
A seafood dinner can heal all wounds.
[posted by Farrell]
DIVING into three books at the same time: Skin Cleanse, Inner Gym (both pre-releases by friends) and Men, Women and Children.
FOCUSING on trying to meditate every single day and incorporate more cardio and sunlight into my daily life.
REFLECTING on this year and how fast things change, how permanent those changes can be and how exciting the rest of my life is going to be.
MAKING last minute plans for a mid-week trip to Washington DC with our dad.
RECEIVING lots of reminders that GRATITUDE is the reason for the season.
UPDATING my tumblr site laurenfeighan.com (domain courtesy of last year’s Christmas gift from our brother, David) with some new music & images.
Act I. After you straighten your hair and put on your travel suit & glasses, swing aside the domed top and ease into your vessel with a casual grace.
Act II. Once secure within the ship, send out your message of love.
Act III. In due time, and blue-green light, don your disco best and watch how you sparkle and shine.
[posted by Lauren]
*images 1 | 2 | 3
1) It’s always a thrill to read coverage about the art and music our little brother is making. I learn something new about him or his work every time and this interview | Monster Rally (aka Ted Feighan) is no exception. (via blog.eventseeker.com) -Lauren
2) My boss sent me this awesome site called Home Polish where you can hire a designer for your apartment at affordable prices. Check it out. (via Homepolish) -Farrell
3) I have been thinking about The Immortalists trailer ever since I saw it a month ago. It is a documentary about the fountain of youth. (via Youtube) -Farrell
4) What to Stream On Netflix: The Ultimate Indie Wire Guide is going to become my pre-Netflix landing page. I’d way rather scroll through these lists to find something to watch than to spend the endless amount of time I do trying to find something on the site itself. (via Indewire.com) -Lauren
5) 13 Genius ways to decorate a small space is always a welcome article title for me. I love to read about how people decorate their spaces – especially if they are small. (via Cup of Jo) -Farrell
6) Yesterday a friend introduced me to Chapter Be, “Interviews and daily inspiration from those who are charting their own journeys to have a career and life doing what they love.” I can’t wait to spend some time checking out the stories! (via chapterbe.com) -Lauren