Earlier this summer I was asked by Composure’s Kyle Studstill to share two modern role models / people who inspire me for a series he has developed called, For Those Who Craft.
“In July I asked creative people in the Composure world to reflect on and share the exemplars who have influenced their art,” Kyle writes. “Here you’ll find a small series of collections curated by these artists—within each collection you’ll find a pair of inspiring projects, the curator’s take on their significance, and a theme that ties them all together.
Inside are ideas to introduce to one another, connections to be made. And in this way we dance.”
You’ll find info on & links to my modern role models, my dear friend Meaghan Calcari Campbell and artist Jimmy Marble under “PERSPECTIVE for those who work with WORDS.”
Thank you to Kyle for including me in this project. I can’t wait to explore those named by the other contributors!
1.) August Horoscope (via Astrology Zone) Guess what?! Everyone’s best day of the year is August 26th. If you haven’t read your horoscope for this month yet, I suggest you do. –Farrell
2.) On the Road (via Spotify) I made a playlist based on my Shazams from my recent drive between Cleveland and NYC. I really love Shazam! -Lauren
3.) 12 Tips for Living a Long Life (via New York Times) Some of these tips are awesome and some not so much. I can definately get down with #1. –Farrell
4.) What Your Favorite Dog Breed Says About You (via PureWow) I still have puppies on the brain and am thinking hard about what kind would best suit me. -Lauren
5.) 23 of the Pacific Northwests Best Destinations (via Trips to Discover) This article got me SO fired up about going to Vancouver and Seattle next week. –Farrell
6.) NYC Guide (via loveTaza) These short NYC neighborhood videos are so good for covering the best local eats and stops in a number of New York neighborhoods.
Image found here
Image taken by Ankur Poseria
Image found here
Image found here
1) Millennium Force Cedar Point Giga Coaster POV (via YouTube) Our brother David posted this video on his Facebook page earlier in the week. In his words, “There is an amusement park outside of Cleveland, called Cedar Point, with the world’s best roller coasters. This is a video of one of the best coasters. Its so intense: 310 ft high, 90+ miles an hour, 85 degree incline.” -Lauren
2) Lasting Relationships Rely on Two Traits (via Business Insider) I guess I am kind of a sucker for any article on long-term relationships. Advice never hurts! –Farrell
3) 10 Facts About Infidelity (via TED) Frequency of “mate-poaching,” a cheating gene and widespread infidelity. Hmmm?! -Lauren
4) The 4 Minute Method to Massive Productivity (via Marie Forleo) Lately, I have needed a push to get myself off the couch and do the things I want to do. I needed this video this week. –Farrell
5) 10 houseboats that will make you want to give up land forever (via Digital Trends) These all look so awesome! -Lauren
6.) Super-Feel-Good Summer Playlist (via Gala Darling) Sure, I want to feel good! So I listened. It’s good. –Farrell
Making changes and adjusting to change can be really scary.
Being true to yourself is one of the most important things in life.
Focusing on the positive is so much better than focusing on the negative.
Think twice before responding to things when you are REALLY hungry.
I always feel better after swimming in the ocean.
It is important to admit when you are wrong.
There may be no better feeling than being supported.
Sometimes you just need to have a cocktail.
1.) Excerpts from Philosophers’ Breakup Letters Throughout History (via The New Yorker) Quick and very entertaining read! -Lauren
2.) How Women Undermine Themselves With Words (via GOOP) This was such a timely and powerful article to come across as I had just had coffee with an amazing group of women and this same topic came up. Girl power! –Farrell
3.) Andrew Bird playing and singing in a canyon (via Austin Kleon) I had to check this out as this Andrew Bird album remains one of my all time faves! -Lauren
4.) The Thousand Year Journey (via Vimeo) This was the most inspiring thing that I saw this week. I really needed to see it when I did. –Farrell
5.) Marc Maron’s Podcast with President Barak Obama (via WTF) I have always loved Barack Obama as a person and I loved listening to this podcast on my early morning walk. –Farrell