from start to finish, in exact balance, growth is to opportunity as opportunity is to growth
F: What is a California look that you like?
L: I’m not sure I actually really like this but I do think it’s interesting that you can see people dressed for all four seasons in one day here.
F: Where else are you planning on visiting in the next month?
L: Next month I’m going to Mexico City with a couple dear friends. They’d been planning a trip and invited me to join. It is super unexpected and exciting.
F: What is your favorite thing you did this week?
L: I went to three super challenging yoga classes this week. The first made me feel so out of shape. The second made me feel exhausted. But the third made me feel strong with the potential to get so much stronger. It was hard but awesome.
F: What is the next salad recipe that you will make for us?
L: I guess you and I both bought green apples so that will be the starting point. I also got beets the other day, and we still have some walnuts. I’ll probably pick up some blue or goat cheese to go in it and maybe even some blueberries if they’re looking nice. Oh, and mixed greens or even spinach.
F: If you could pick one word as an intention right now, what would it be?
CATCHING up on one of my favorite podcasts & sources for new music, All Songs Considered.
STARTING to read The Cleveland Anthology which I received this year as a Christmas present.
RELYING heavily on this moisturizing skin & lip care regime during these winter months. So necessary, even on the West Coast.
LAUGHING at this hilarious skit from SNL about the streets of Bushwick.
DRINKING hot lemon water and spraying this throat spray to make sure I don’t get that nasty flu that everyone has.
LOOKING forward to our group meditation that we have organized at work every day.
My mom and I met each other in Denver, CO late last week and took a quick road trip through Taos and Santa Fe on our way to Albuquerque. I’d never been to New Mexico (or southern Colorado) and loved seeing this landscape for the first time. I’d love to go back again and spend more time.
We ended up spending our morning in Santa Fe at the New Mexico State Capitol Building which, in addition to simply being a gorgeous building, has an incredible art collection. I can’t stress enough that any visit to Santa Fe should include some time in this building!
[posted by Lauren]
1) 7 Cultural Concepts We Don’t Have In the U.S. (via MNN.com) include a whole lot of nods to the importance of spending time in nature, finding coziness and practicing ingenuity. -Lauren
2) Send the Gift of Glitter to Your Enemies (via Mashable.com) Over Thanksgiving we had some glitter in our wrapping paper when we exchanged gifts and for days everyone had glitter on their faces! I think its a hilarious idea to send glitter to anyone. -Farrell
3) The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck (via MarkManson.net) was linked to in this week’s reflection by Composure. It is an entertaining, if not crass, read on being deliberate with the ways you spend your energy. -Lauren
4) How to Understand Introverts (via Atchuup) I feel like this article shed some light about the differences between introverts and extraverts. I can also see that I have a little bit of both in me as well. -Farrell
5) How Yoga Changes the Brain (via Scientific American) Spoiler: It enlarges several ares of the brain which control things such as a mental map of the body, directing attention, reducing stress, and our concept of self. -Lauren
6) Working on a 6 Pack (via Delightfully Tacky) This is the workout that I am doing and I hope to have an 8 pack in no time! – Farrell
7) The Lighthouse Works Fellowship Program (via The Listings Project) is now accepting applications for visual artists, writers and musicians to spend six-weeks (with housing & stipend included) on Fisher’s Island, NY! Sounds magical. -Lauren
STARTING a Tree Grows in Brooklyn and realizing that it all takes place on my old street in New York over 100 years ago.
SPENDING time with my friends and my sister at the same time and I love it. It’s like old times!
HELPING so many people through the 21 day Clean Cleanse. It is the best time of year to do it! Message me if you want any more information.
RESEARCHING places to see in New Mexico for my trip there with my Mom later this week.
STARTING to read Daisy Miller by Henry James for my NYC book club’s LA meeting later this month. Can’t wait!
POSTING more regularly on our @sister_disco_ Instagram feed. Follow us, if you don’t already!